Biology mcq quiz
Biology Multiple Choice Quiz
Biology – Online Multiple Choice Practice questions
1. ‘Physical basis of living’ is—
2. How many bones are there in a human body?
3. Which of the following is a flightless bird?
4. Which of the following is the best source of vitamin ‘A’ ?
5. The genetic unit of a cell is—
(B) Ribonucleic acid
6. Who is called the Father of Genetics’ ?
7. House fly spreads—
8. Number of eyes in Leech is—
(A) One pair
(B) Two pairs
(C) Three pairs
(D) Five pairs
9. The number of segments in leech is—
10. To make half a kilogram of honey, the nectar from how many flowers is collected by the honey bees?
(A) 10 lakhs
(B) 20 lakhs
(C) One thousand
(D) 5 thousands
11. Which of the following is a rich source of protein?
(D) Soya bean
12. Vitamin soluble in water is—
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin C
(C) Vitamin D
(D) Vitamin K
13. All Genes are made up of—
(A) Ribonucleic Acid
(B) Deoxyribonucleic Acid
(C) Nucleic Acids
(D) Amino Acids
14. In the following plants in which a part of leaf gives rise to a new plant?
15. is called the Power house’ of cell—
(D) Golgi Body
16. Which would do maximum harm to a tree?
(A) The loss of its bark
(B) The loss of half of its leave.
(C) The loss of all its leaves
(D) The loss of half of its branches
17. Which of the following is not a fish?
18. Which is an edible fungus?
19. Agar-agar is obtained from—
(D) An algae
20. ‘Little leaf disease’ develops due to deficiency of—
21. RNA is found in—
(A) Animal cell
(B) Plant cell
(D) All of the above
22. Mitochondrial membrane is a double layered structure composed of—
(A) Lipids and proteins
(B) Lipids and carbohydrates
(C) Proteins and carbohydrates
(D) Proteins and Ribonucleic acid
23. In Leech, the male and female genital apertures are located respectively in the—
(A) 7th and 8th segment
(B) 10th and 11th segment
(C) 13th and 14th segment
(D) 18th and 21st segment
24. Dental formula of Rabbit is—
(A) 2, 0, 3, 3/1, 0, 2, 3
(B) 1, 0, 2, 3/2, 2, 0, 3
(C) 1, 0, 3, 3/2, 2, 0, 3
(D) 2, 1, 3, 2/2, 1, 2, 3
25. The gestation period of rabbit is—
(A) 20—25 days
(B) 25—28 days
(C) 28—32 days
(D) 32—38 days