general knowledge competitive exams
MCQ general knowledge
general knowledge quiz questions and answers
gk indian constitution
1. Buddha is depicted on the coins of?
(A) Wima Kadphises
(D) Budh Gupta
2. Put the following events in chronological order and choose your answer with the help of given codes
1. Formation of an interim Government
2. The arrival of the Cabinet Mission
3. Muslim League launches Direct Action
4. Jinnah’s wrecking of the Shimla Conference
(D) 4,2, 1,3
3. The great Jain Scholar Hema chandra adorned the court of?_
(C) Jaysimha Siddharaja
4. Hydrogen bomb is based on the principle of
(A) Controlled fusion reaction
(B) Uncontrolled fusion reaction
(C) Controlled fission reaction
(D) Uncontrolled fission reaction
5. The city plan of ancient Shravasti is in the shape ?
6. Where is the wild ass sanctuary?
6. Yapaniya was a school of?
8. The first Gupta ruler to assume the title of ‘Param Bhagawata’ was?
(A) Chandragupta I
(C) Chandragupta II
9. Panini and Patanjali are the renowned names in the literary history of ancient India. Under which dynasty did they flourish?
10. Who had composed the ‘Gita Govinda’?
(D) Lakshmana Sen
11. Which medieval King of India introduced the ‘Iqkta system’?
(C) Alauddin Khalji
(D) None of the above
12. Which musical instrument was played by the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb?
(D) None of the above
13. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Babar —Battle of Khanwa
(B) Humayun—Baffle of Chausa
(C) Akbar —Battle of Haldighati
(D) Jahangir —Battle of Balkh
14. The Kirtistambha at Chittor was built by?
(A) Rana Sanga
(B) Rana Kumbha
(C) Rana Pratap
(D) Rana Udai Singh
15. Who among the following rulers is famous as “Prithvi Raj Chauhan”?
(A) Prithvi Raj I
(B) Prithvi Raj II
(C) Prithvi Raj Ill
(D) None of the above
16. Jam temple of Abu is made of?
(B) Lime stone
17. Which among the following organisations supported the Suddhi movement?
(A) Arya Samaj
(B) Brahma Samaj
(C) Deva Samaj
(D) Prarthana Samaj
18. The institution of local self government got a fillip during the Viceroyalty of?
(A) Lord Mayo
(B) Lord Ripon
(C) Lord Dufferin
(D) Lord Curzon
19. With which Uprising is Mangal Pandey associated?
(D) None of the above
20. In 1930 a person’s age was 8 times that of his son. In 1938 the father’s age becomes 10 times the age of his son’s age in 1930. The ages of father and son in 1940 were respectively?
(A) 58 and 16 years
(B) 50 and 15 years
(C) 42 and 14 years
(D) 34 and 13 years
21. Reema is twice as old as Sumita. Three years ago she was three times as old as Sumita. How old is Reema now?
(B) 7 years
(D) 12 years
22. The marked price of a table is Rs. 2,000, which is 25% above the cost price. If the shopkeeper sells the table at 8% discount on the marked price, .his percentage of profit would be—
23. Which of the following statements is not true of the Indian Economy?
(A) Its share of world population is only 16% but its share of world GD is 1.6%
(B) The share of service sector in India’s GDP is only 25%
(C) 58% of its working population is engaged in agriculture, but the contribution of. agriculture to the national income is 22%
(D) it occupies only 2.4% of the world’s geographical area
24. A can finish a work in 6 days whereas B can finish the work in 9 days. If both of them work together, what is the probability that the work will be finished on third day?
25. Which layer of atmosphere is responsible for Aurora Borealis?
26. Who is the brand ambassador of BSNL?
(A) Shah Rukh Khan
(B) Abhishek Bachchan
(C) Preity Zinta
(D) Deepika Padukone
27. The headquarter of R.B.I. is situated at?
28 An ox in a ‘Kolhu’ is tethered to a rope 3m long. How much distance does the ox cover in 14 rounds? (pe=22/7)
29. 90°E Ridge lies in?
(A) Atlantic ocean
(B) Indian ocean
(C) Pacific ocean
(D) Mediterranean sea
30. Which of the following rivers flows through a ‘rift’ valley?
31. The Ruhr basin is the famous Industrial region of?
(D) United Kingdom
32. Which of the following countries are located on the Equator?
Select the correct answer from the codes given below
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 3 and 4
(D) l and 4
33. If the Sun rises at TIRAP in Aru nachal Pradesh at 5:00 am. then at what time the Sun will rise in Kandla in Gujarat?
(A) About 5:30 a.m.
(B) About 6:00 a.m.
(C) About 7:00 am.
(D) About 7:30 a.m.
34. Which one of the following islands of the East Indies is divided into three countries?
(C) New Guinea
35. The Anglo-American Culture
Realm does not include—
Select the correct answer from the codes given below?
(A) l and 2
(B) l and 3
(C) 2 and 3
(D) 3 and 4
36. The Kalpsar Project for supply of sweet water is located in?
37. Which soil needs little irrigation as it retains soil moisture ?
(A) Alluvial soil
(D) Laterite soil
38. In an area with annual rainfall of more than 200 cms and sloping hills which crop will he ideal?
39. Consider the following statements—
Assertion (A) : River Damodar was known as ‘River of Sorrow’ in West Bengal prior to the development of the Damodar Valley Corporation.
Reason (R) : Damodar in its upper reaches flows rapidly and in its lower reaches it runs too sluggishly.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below—
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (K) is true
40. Which State has decided to establish a University for the disabled during 2009-2010
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
41. In which one of the following States is Suil river project loca
(D) Himachal Pradesh
42. Which one of the following is not included in the “National Food Security Missions”?
43. Sukna scam case was recently (first quarter of 2010) much in the news. With which State is it concerned?
(A) Himachal Pradesh
(B) Janimu and Kashmir
(D) West Bengal
44 The author of the book which recently became the root cause of the controversy regarding the script of the film “Three Idiots”is
(A) Abhijat Joshi
(B) Mohammad Khalid
(C) Chetan Bhagat
(D) Rajkumar Hirani
45. Who has written the book “The Rediscovery of India” published
around November 2009?
(A) Ram Chandra Guha
(B) Megnad Desai
(C) Arun Shourie
(D) Mohan Bhagwat
46. Which country launched the World’s first satellite dedicated to monitoring ‘greenhouse gas emissions’ in 2009?
47. How many nations were members of the BASIC Block at the December 2 Copenhagen Meet?
48. The Rangnath Mishra Commis sion report which was tabled in the Parliament in December 2009, relates to?
(A) Electoral reforms
(B) Police reforms
(C) Religious and Minorities
(D) Tax reforms
49. The Indian citizen who has been honoured with Ramon Magsay say award for the year 2009 is?
(A) Bhimsen Joshi
(B) Deep Joshi
(C) Indira Sinha
(D) Pankaj Srivastava
50. Which of the following is a substance abundantly available in the sea and administered in a certain deficiency disease?
(B) Vitamin A