gk questions with answers for RRB Exams
General Knowledge & Current Affairs Questions and Answers for
Assistant station master ASM
Assistant Loco Pilot
Sr System analyst
Objective GK General Knowledge Current Affairs
Quiz on Important General Knowledge Questions with Answers
1. Which of the following ports does not have a natural harbour?
2. India’s first solar powered railway station is at
(d) None of these
3. August Kranti Rajdhani Express train runs between which two terminal stations?
(a) New Delhi – Howrah
(b) New Delhi – Madras
(c) New Delhi – Bombay
(d) New Delhi – Hyderabad
4. Rajdhani Express from Delhi to Howrah passes through
(a) Delhi, Rajasthan, Bihar, Bengal
(b) Delhi, Punjab, Bihar, Bengal
(c) Delhi, U.P, Bihar, Bengal
(d) Delhi, U.R, M.P, Bengal
5. The international air route from West Europe to East Asia passes through India because
(a) it is the shortest route
(b) India is the only country in Asia providing refueling capacity
(c) India is a busy centre situated between the two places
(d) None of these
6. The South- Central Railways do not pass through which of the following states?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
7. Indian Railways first introduced computerized reservation in
8. The international airport in Tamil Nadu is
(b) Dum Dum
(c) Santa Cruz
9 Which of the following is not exported from India?
(a) Iron ore
10. The problem of transporting bulk goods on a large scale on account of shortage of railway wagons has been solved by the Indian railways by
(a) repairing and reusing old wagons
(b) increasing the production capacity of wagon
(c) importing railway wagons from abroad
(d) supply of wagons by consumers who had
bought them from identified wagon manufacturers
11. Which one is not a port on the east coast?
12. ‘One of the most daunting engineering tasks undertaken by the Indian railways, across the wilderness of the Eastern Ghats’. This description fits the
(a) Konkan railway connecting Trivandrum with Bombay.
(b) Koraput – Rayagada rail line
(c) Guwahati – Silchar rail line
(d) Dibrugarh – Gorakhpur rail line
13. A person traveling by the Grand Trunk Express from New Delhi to Bhopal will be passing through
(a) Haryana and Rajasthan
(d) Rajasthan and U.P
(c) Haryana and U.P
(d) Haryana, Rajasthan and U.P
14. The port of Kandla is situated
(a) at the head of the Kori Creek of Kutch
(b) near Cape Ramas on western coast of India
(c) at the head of Gulf of Kutch
(d) at the head of Gulf of Khambat
15 The National Highway No. 2 stretches from
(a) Bombay to Delhi
(b) Madras to Delhi
(c) Calcutta to Amritsar
(d) Calcutta to Delhi
16. Which of the following two big cities are connected by Grand Trunk Road?
17. The state which has no railway line is
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
18. Which of the following is the first super fast train on meter gauge?
(a) Chetak Express
(b) Ashram Express
(c) Pink City Express
(d) None of these
19. World’s highest rail bridge is proposed to be built over which river in India?
20. Which of the following sea ports is the largest exporter of iron ore from India?
21, One of the world’s longest and most modern pipelines, the Hazira-Bijaipur-Jagdishpur pipeline has been laid for transporting
(a) drinking water
(b) natural gas
(c) crude oil
(d) iron ore slurry
22. Himsagar Express runs between
(a) Madras and Calcutta
(b) Bombay and Delhi
(c) Calcutta and Jammu
(d ) Jammu and Kanyakumari
23. Which of the following trains runs between Amritsar and Lahore?
(a) Shan-e-Punjab Express
(b) Himalayan Queen
(c) Amritsar Express
(d) Indo-Pak Express
24. The first electric train of India (Deccan Queen) wan run between
(a) Bombay and Surat
(b) Howrah and Delhi
(c) Kalyan and Pune
(d) New Delhi and Madras
25. Chennal Express runs between
(d) Madras-Dadar (Bombay)
26. India is divided into how many postal zones?
27. In the recent past, which one of the following items has shown a declining trend in exports from India?
(a) Cotton textiles
(b) Jute Goods
(c) Machine tools
(d) Tobacco products
28. India’s largest run off river is
29. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
Port Chief item of export
(a) Tuticorin – Fertilizers
(b) New Mangalore – Iron ore
(c) Cochin – Cement
(d) Kandla – Sugar
30. Total rail route in Kerala is approximately
(c) 2000 km
(d) 2500 km
31. Which of the following transported commodities give maximum weight to Indian Railways?
(d) Food grains
32. The length of the Konkan Railway is:
(a) 560 kms
(b) 660 kms
(c) 700 kms
(d) 860 kms
33. A significant feature of India’s export trade in the post- independence period has been the emergence of important items such as
(a) iron ore
(b) woolen carpets
(c) engineering products
(d spices and handicrafts
34. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
Sea ports States
(a) Paradeep - West Bengal
(b) Kandla - Karnataka
(c) Nhava Sheva - Maharashtra
(d) Tuticorin - Andhra Pradesh
35. The highest airfield in India is
36. Where is the Diesel Locomotive Works situated?
37. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(a) Kanpur – Paper manufacturing
(b) Coimbatore – Textile industry
(c) Ahmedabad. – Leather industry
(d Murshidabad – Copper smelting
38. Aircrafts are built in India at
(a) Kanpur / Bangalore
(b) Calcutta / Cochin
(c) Madras / Bombay
(d) Delhi / Dehradun
39. The first shore – based steel plant in India is in (h Kandla
40. Which of the following are correctly matched?
Establishment of manufacturing industries – Year - Place
1. Setting up of the first cotton mill 1854 Bombay
2. Manufacture of the first machine made paper 1870 Near Calcutta
3. Setting up of the first cement factory 1904 Madras
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) l, 2 and 3
41. In which city the telephone instruments are manufactured?
42. The place “Avadi’ which is known for the manufacture of Vijayanta tanks for the Indian army, is located in
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
43. Which Of the following industries is as widespread as textile industry in India?
(a) Petroleum refining
(d) Machine making
44. In which state Bokaro Steel Plant is situated?
45. The first cotton mill in India was set up at Calcutta in
46. India’s sponge iron plant is located at
47. Which one of the following iron and steel centers is located neither on the basis of proximity to raw materials nor from the market point of view?
48. Match the following:-
A. Pharmaceuticals 1.Bongaigon
B. Basic Chemicals 2.Rishikesh
C. Antibiotics 3.Sindri
D. Petrochemicals 4.Baroda
A B C D
(a) 4 3 2 1
(b) 2 3 1 4
(c) 4 1 3 2
(4) 2 4 3 1
49. Which of the following H.M.T factories manufactures watches?
(d) None of these
50. The first large scale jute mill was established at