GK Sample test for constable jobs
Sample paper BSF Head constable Jobs
West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment Entrance Exam Model Questions
SAMPLE PAPER: GK Sample paper for BSF ASI exam
1. What is the percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere?
2. Which of the following creatures fights with snakes?
3. Land of “White Elephants” is the surname assigned to
4. Whose scientific name is ‘Homo Sapiens’?
5. Which country’s flag has a double triangle in it?
6. Where is Mohenjodaro located?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
7. Next to Hindi, the second largest spoken language is—
8. ‘Bihu’ is the festival of which state?
9. Who is the Chief Minister of Chattisgarh?
(a) Raman Singh
(b) S. R.. Singh Chauhan
(c) Vasundhara Raje
(d) Kailash Singh
10. Which of the following towns does not have I.I.T.?
11. Oasis is related to
12. Match the following pairs according to the chemical
A. Natural gas (i) CO2
B. Laughing gas (ii) N2O
C. Dry-ice (iii) NH3
D. Ammonia (iv) CH4
(a) A-1, B-2, C-4, D-3
(b) A-1, B-3, C-4, D-2
(c) A-4, B-2, C-1, D-3
(d) A-2, B-3, C-4,’D-l
13. The headquarters of International Red Cross Committee is in
14 Joule is the unit of which of the following?
15. The grass of Asia and Europe is called
16. In which of the following pairs region and state is not correctly matched?
(a) Saurashtra — Gujarat
(b) Bundelkhand — Rajasthan
(c) Telangana — Andhra Pradesh
(d) Vidarbha — Mahrashtra
17. B.O.P. is related to
(a) Only Export and Import
(b) All business policies in the world
(c) Capital flow principle
(d) Invisible gain and giving principle
18. The bone named Tibia is found in the
19. The name from which the Raman Magsãysay award name has been taken, belonged to the former president of which country?
20. Which of the following books was written by Jawahar Lal Nehru?
(a) A Passage to India
(b) My Experiment with truth
(c) India wins freedom
(d) Discovery of India
21. We get Lime through which of the following?
(a) By adding hydrochloric acid to calcium
(b) By adding calcium to hot water
(c) By adding Sulphuric acid to calcium
(d) By heating limestone in furnace formulae
22. Match the state and its capital pair correctly
A. Mizoram 1. Imphal
B. Nagaland 2. Itanagar
C. Arunachal Pradesh 3. Kohima
D. Manipur 4. Aizawl
(a) A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4
(b) A-3, B-4, C-2, D-i
(c) A-4, B-3, C-2, D-1
(d) A-4, B-3, C-l, D-2
23. Swami Vivekananda became famous because of a religious summit in which of the following places?
24. Which of the following statements is true related to the Indus Valley Civilization?
(a) Their houses were made of bricks.
(b) Meeting building was discovered in Mohenjodaro.
(c) In the house building scheme open chowk was the main criteria
(d) All of these
25. Rajendra Agriculture University, Pusa is situated at?
(a) New Delhi
26. In which part of the original constitution was the theory of a welfare state established?
(a) In the Preamble of the Constitution
(b) 4th Schedule of the Constitution
(c) 3rd Schedule of the Constitution
(d) Directive Principles of the state
27. Who was associated with Anushilan Samiti?
(a) Vir Savarkar
(b) Bhagat Singh
(c) Chandrasekhar Azad
(d) Dada Bhai Naoroji
28. Albuquerque snatched Goa from?
(a) King Jamorine
(b) Sultan of Bijapur
29. Which park is famous for elephants?
(a) Nagarhole National Garden
(b) Boribelli National Garden
(c) Dudhwa National Garden
(d) Kaziranga National Garden
30. Where is ‘Hanging Minar’?
31. Who was the King of Bengal at the time of the King Harsha of Kannauj?
(c) Pulkeshin II
32. People of Indus Valley Civilization depicted which God in their coins?
33. What does a Seismograph record?
(a) Heart beat
(b) Atmospheric Pressure
(d) None of these
34. Where is headquarters of South Eastern Coalfield Limited?
35. During the reign of Aurangzeb which of the following led the Bundelas?
(a) Champat Rai
(b) Jujhar Singh
(c) Vir Singh
36. Which one of the following marks the eastern extent of the Harappan culture?
37. Who among the following is not associated with the INA?
(a) Gurdayal Singh Dhillon
(b) Shah Nawaz Khan
(c) General Mohan Singh
(d) R.C. Dutta
38. The most important feature of the Government of India Act of 1919 was the introduction of —
(b) Separate electorates
(c) Provincial Autonomy
(d) Adult Franchise
39. The Indian States that were annexed by invoking the Doctrine of Lapse included—
(a) Jhansi, Nagpur and Mysore
(b) Jhansi, Nagpur and Satara
(c) Jhansi, Satara and Manipur
(d) Mysore, Satara and Bhavnagar
40. Lala Lajpat Rai did not write in—
41. Those that joined Mahatma Gandhi during the Champaran struggle included—
(a) Vallabhbhai Patel and Vinoba Bhave
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru and Rajendra Prasad
(c) Rajendra Prasad and Anugraha Narayan Singh
(d) Mahadev Desai and Maniben Patel
42. Christian population is the highest in which state?
43.’ Who completed the construction of Qutub Minar?
(a) Qutubuddin Aibak
44. When was the Swaraj Party founded?
45. Who built Charminar?
(b) Tippu Sultan
(c) Kuli Kutubshah
46. Which is a natural harbor?
47. In whose rule was gold coins first introduced?
48. Rashtiakuta dynasty was eradicated by which of the following?
(a) Jai Singh
(b) Pulkeshin II
(c) Vikramaditya VI
(d) Tailap II
49. Cemetery of ‘Bibi Ka Makbara’ is of?
(a) Mumtaj Mahal
(b) Dilras Bano Begum
(c) Gulbadan Begum
(d) Hamida Bano Begum
50. During whose reign was the prominent Maratha Sambhaji given a death sentence by hanging?
(b) Shah Jehan