model test paper on Indian history in MCQ Format
test Your Knowledge of Indian history
very useful for those who had history as a Subject at graduation level
Means who are BA or MA in History
All questions in MCQ/Objective format
Useful For UPSC,PSC,KVS and other job exams and competitions
1. Sangam is meant for?
(A) Dynasty of South India
(B) Tamil religious literature
(C)Assemblies of Tamil Scholars
(D) Ancient name of South India
2. Which one among the following is the oldest Stupa?
(A) Stupa of Sanchi
(B) Stupa of Piprawah
(C) Stupa of Bharahut
(D) Stupa of Amaravati
3. Which of the following text refers Chandragupta Maurya as ‘Vrishal’ ?
4. In which of the following Council Jainism was divided into two?
(A) First Jain Council
(B) Second Jain Council
(C) Third Jain Council
(D) Fourth Jain Council
5. “India for the Indians.” Who said?
(A) Swami Vivekanand
(B) Madan Mohan Malaviya
(D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
6. Which one of the following is not correct?
(A) Indian National Congress,Calcutta Session (1887)
(B) Indian National Congress,Lucknow Session (1916)
(C) Indian National Congress,Gaya Session (1922)
(D) Indian National Congress,Tripuri Session (1939)
7. Irani System of ‘Sajda’ was started by?
(D) Mohammed Tughlaq
8. Mohammed Ghori was assassinated by?
9. “Swaraj is my birth right.” Who said?
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(C) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
10.The first Turkish Sultan to cross Vindhyachal ranges was?
(C) Alauddin Khilji
(D) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
11. Ajanta Paintings are related with?
12. The author of Anandmath was?
(A) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
(B) Sharat Chandra Chatterjee
(C) Ravindra Nath Tagore
(D) S. C. Bose
13. The author of ‘Poverty and Un- British Rule in India’ is?
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai
(B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(C) Surendra Nath Banerjee
(D) R. C. Dutt
14. By which Act, Rule of East India Company ended in India?
(A) Regulating Act, 1773
(B) Pitt’s India Act, 1784
(C) Government of India Act,1858
(D) Morley-Minto Act, 1909
15. In which age Brahmanas were inferior than Kshatriyas?
(A) Vedic age
(B) Buddha age
(C) Maurya age
(D) Post-Mauryan age
16. How many Pitakas are in Buddhist literature?
17. Rana Sanga is related with?
18. In which month Quit India Movement of 1942 started ?
19. Who is the author of Prithviraj Raso?
(C) Amir Khusro
20.Pandyas were centred in?
(C) Andhra Pradesh
21. During the Mauryan age ‘bhaga’ was
(A) House Tax
(B) Land Tax
(C) Water Tax
22. Who among the following was known as ‘Frontier Gandhi’?
(A) Sir Syed Ali khan
(B) Syed Amir Ali
(C) Abul Kalam Azad
(D) Abdul Gaffar Khan
23. The founder of Gadar Party was?
(A) Basudev Balwant Phadke
(B) Vinay Damodar Savarkar
(C) Lala Hardayal
(D) Bhagat Singh
24. The name of the committee to enquire Jallianwala Bagh Massacre was?
(A) Simon Commission
(B) Hunter Commission
(C) Raymond Commission
(D) Linlithgo Commission
25. Which court was considered as the highest criminal court of appeal during East India Company?
(A) Circuit Court
(B) Provincial Court
(C) Sadar Diwani
(D) Sadar Nizamat
26. Which Mughal Emperor increased more number of Rajput and Maratha Mansabdars in his reign?
27. In which Session, Congress demanded ‘Poorna Swaraj’?
(A) Lucknow Session 1916
(B) Calcutta Session 1917
(C) Kanpur Session 1925
(D) Lahore Session 1929
28. Which Mauryan ruler was called ‘Amitraghat’ by Greek writers?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
29. Which foreign traveller visited Vijaynagar Empire during 1420?
(A) Alhanasius Nikitin
(C) Abdur Razzaq
30. When did Aurangzeb took the title of ‘Alamgir’ ?
31. During the reign of which of the following did Vijaynagar Empire come into existence
(A) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
(C) Firoze Shah Tughlaq
(D) Nasiruddin Mahmud Shah
32. The term ‘dastak’ implies?
(B) Duty free trade
33. When did Akbar abolish the slavery and protected human rights?
34. The author of “Indian Mussalmans” is?
(A) W. W. Hunter
(B) Sir Aga Khan
(C) Atulanand Chakravarti
(D) Rizaul Karim
35. Who was the last Governor General and First Viceroy of
(A) Lord Lawrence
(B) Lord Mayo
(C) Lord Canning
(D) Lord Lytton
36. Which Session of Indian National Congress was presided by Subhash chandra Bose?
37. The statement that the revolt of 1857 was “neither the first, nor national, nor war of independence” was made by?
(A) V. D. Savarkar
(B) S. N. Sen
(C)R. C. Majumdar
38. In the revenue settlement of Todarmal ,the land never left fallow was known as?
39. Nagarjuna Stupa was constructed during the age of?
(D) Post Gupta
40. The ancient name of Assam is?
41. Which of the following stands for ‘Iqta’?
(A) Law of primogeniture
(B) Crown land donated to army officers
(C) State’s share in the war booty
(D) The grant of revenue from a territory in lieu of salary
42. “Every Indian is corrupt.” Who said?
(A) Lord Conwallis
(B) Lord Wellesley
(C) Lord Hastings
(D) Lord Dalhousie
43. Vellore Mutiny took place in the year of?
44. Dilwara Temple is the example of?
(A) Buddhist architecture
(B) Jain architecture
(C) Mughal architecture
(d)) Sultanate architecture
45. The architect of Taj Mahal belonged to?
46. The central feature of Indian society during 800 to 1200 A.D. was?
47. Ryotwari Settlement was started in?
48. The author of “Parties and Politics in Mughal Court” is?
(A) Satish Chandra
(B) Irfan Habib
(C) Nurul Hasan
(D) Athar Ali
49. During the Mughals, change in the architectural style is known as?
(A) Hindu Islamic style
50. Which one of the following was not included in the Navratnas of