Objective Questions In Library And Information Science Free Online
Objective Question Bank for Library Information Science
objective type questions in library science
Free Online MCQ Test Solved Questions Library And Information Science
1. Posting the right person at the right place is called ________
2.TQM is a system of continuous improvement employing participative management and centered on needs of the ________
3.Financial support given to libraries are of . two types
(i) Recurring and
4. Principle of maximum aggregate benefit is concerned with________
A. growth of library
B. library use
C. library service
D. library fee
5……….. takes items of expenditure for libraries as the working data for allocation
A. Method of details
B. Per capita method
C. Principle of economy
D. Library budget
6.A budget which mainly covers items of current revenue and expenditure is called
A Programme budget
B. Welfare economics
C Current budgeting
D. Capital budgeting
7._______ budgeting does not take into account what happened in the past but
emphasizes on current activities.
8. The library budget of a university is passed by the ?
B. Executive Council
C. Academic Council
D. Research Council
9. In fund accounting, _______ fund can not be used for other purposes.
10. Scrutiny of financial transactions is called
11. A good library building is an outcome of librarian and _________.
B. Building Corporation
C. Finance Officer
12. ________ are the storage areas for the various types of documents kept in a library.
A. Tasks .
13. Study carrels are exclusive areas meant for……………
14. Library catalogue cards are filed in specially designed. drawers called ________
A. Charging tray
B. Catalogue cabinet
C. Display rack .
D. Filling equipment
15.. Information Gatekeepers come under ________ sources.
16…………… categorises documents into three types such as primary, secondary and.
C. SR. Ranganathan
17. ________ is a legal document and can be used as a source of industrial information.
B. Law Review
18. In Encyclopaedia Britianica, ___________ acts as an index to macropaedia.
B. Introduction Part
19. One of the book selection principles states that “the best reading for the largest number at the ……………Cost.”
20. Payments for the books purchased can be made only after
D arrangement in the shelve
21. The standard size of an accession register is ?
A.15” x 13”
B. 16 x 13”
C.12” x 5”
D. 5” x 3”
22. ISBN stands for ________
A. Integrated Services Bibliographic Network
B. Indian Standard Book Number
C. International Standard Book Number
D. International Standard for Book and Non- book
23. The three card system introduced by Ranganathan are
(i) Register Card
(ii) Check Card
C. Ledger Card
D. Classified Index Card
24. Technical section performs mainly two functions namely classification and……….
B. bills payment
25. PRECIS was developed by Derek Austin for use in the ________
26. ________ is one of the records of circulation section.
A. Accession Register
B. Day book
C. Catalogue Card
D. AACR-2 (R)
27. Getting books back from the users and releasing the borrower’s ticket is known as
28.While entering the library, the personal belongings of a reader is kept in ________
A. Cloak room
B. Property counter
C. Gate counter
D. Store room
29. Physical condition of the books should be property maintained. This is known as
30.________ is an important record of books, which shows the position of any book on the shelves.
A. Bay Guide
B. Authority File
C. Accession List.
D. Shelf. .List
31.Books misplaced on the shelves by readers are restored. This work is referred to
B. Stock verification
C. Shelf rectification
32. Books lost from the library are known through ________
A. Stock verification
B. Charging and discharging
C. Shelf list
D. Accession Register
33. Outdated and seldom used books are withdrawn from the library is otherwise
known as – .
34. The objective of library binding is ________
of the library materials.
A. Proper organisation
D. humidity control
D. Sheep skin
35.All part and pages of a volume are correctly sequenced in the first stage of binding
process known as?
36. Sheets before and after the text of a book are called _________. .
A. End papers
B. Attach cover
C Head bands
37.Leather being used as one of the binding materials i.e., _________ is the strongest
C. Pig skin
D. Sheep skin
38. ________ has prescribed certain standards for library binding.
B. ALA .
39 ________ is a process of helping employees in an organization to acquire new skills
and competence on a continuing basis
A. Total Quality Management
B Management Information System
C. Financial Resources Development
D. Human Resources Development.
40. A skillful method of providing means, mechanism and structural elements to.
streamline organizational work is known as _______
A. Strategic planning
B. Role analysis
C. Work culture
D. Autonomous planning